The 147 Frome Street Building (enter via 139 Frome Street)
SA Adelaide 5000
Phone (08) 8232 3855
Facsimile (08) 8223 3836
147 Frome Street Building
The 147 Frome Street building was built in 1883 of brick and stone, in particular of sand stone rubble. During the late nineteenth century is was very common to see the stables standing amongst the cottages, shops and churches of the city of Adelaide. The building was purpose built for stabling of the hundreds of horses used to haul businesses’ goods and supplies around the Adelaide city centre. There was also a house within this two storey stable block.