Litigation & Dispute Resolution
The firm practices in all State and Federal Courts, including the Supreme Court of South Australia, District Court of South Australia, Magistrates Court of South Australia, South Australian Employment Tribunal, Federal Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia and Fair Work Commission.
The experience of Ouwens Lawyers ranges from substantial disputes litigated in the Supreme Court (including appellate matters) and Federal Court to smaller contractual matters in the Magistrates Court.
The firm is proficient in a wide variety of commercial and civil litigation including:
- Commercial disputes
- Shareholder, director or partnership and joint venture disputes
- Construction litigation
- Matrimonial property settlements
- Property disputes
- Insolvency and debt recovery matters
- General negligence claims
- Estate litigation and trust matters
- Workplace relations matters including unfair dismissal and adverse action claims
- Intellectual property disputes
Additionally, we focus on alternate dispute resolution processes, including mediation, conciliation, arbitration or expert determination as appropriate.